Saturday 11 June 2011

Preparing for countdown...


You would think that in amongst all these bits of paper and brochures commonly referred to as travel documents, that there might be a ticket or two. Apparently not! There are a couple of important reference numbers on a very bland looking piece of printer paper that will enable me to embark upon 6 international flights over the next few months. I spent a good six minutes at the travel agent's office this morning collecting this bundle, presented in a zippered wallet - no fuss, no fanfares. I learned that my luggage will have an itinerary of its own and that I am not required to collect it at either the Bangkok or Amsterdam airports where I will be changing planes. After checking my suitcase at the Brisbane desk, I won't see it again until I reach London. OH GOD I hope it's there when I arrive and that nobody's filled it full of weed a la Shapelle! There are now just eighteen days until take-off, some of which I will spend researching the details of international sim cards, taking medications overseas and restrictions for liquids in carry-on baggage. Nobody wants to appear on an episode of Border Security. Stressing much?

0 comments: