Wednesday 6 July 2011

All in all it's just an-other stone in the 2000 year old wall...

My first glimpse of Hadrian's Wall. I honestly expected to see a small pile of old stones in a field.





I followed the track beside the wall for about 45 minutes, with only the sheep and cows for company. I was a little concerned that it would get dark and I'd be stuck in the middle of England with no means of finding my way back to civilisation. This was at about 7:00pm.

This is Sycamore Gap - more commonly referred to today as Robin Hood's tree - after Kevin Costner played a scene here in his movie. It's a long way from Nottingham Forest, but the scenery is so incredible they had to include it. Check it out in the movie!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had to let you know Queensland won State of Origin 34 - 24, so the Giles' were able to watch a big TV, and enjoy the game. (We have a much smaller one which fits in the entertainment unit as I was never keen on the bulky one, so took it out to Chilla.) Not good English, but you know what I mean. Ann J